Unwanted Visitor

Unwanted Visitor
Available on Kindle

Thursday 20 January 2011

Professional Help

I've decided that I need professional help with my novel, Unwanted Visitor.  It's the first book in a saga set in Wirral that spans the period from the second world war to the present day and deals with the theme acceptance versus alienation.  The description I've put in my agent's letter is as follows:-
    
Everywhere he goes, Martin Fischer knows he is not wanted.  Amidst the chaos of war, he tries to build a normal life but everything and everyone he cares for is snatched from him.  An attack by the Norwegian resistance leads to his capture by the British.  He is taken to a POW camp in Wirral and sent to work on a farm.  Despite some local hostility, Martin finds the sense of belonging he has been seeking and elects to stay in England after the war.  When he meets tragic Jane Fellows, he is smitten but to the people of Brimstage, Martin is the face of the enemy, the unwanted visitor in their midst.  He and Jane must again struggle to overcome tragedy and prejudice to find acceptance in rural, post war Wirral.
 
What do you think?  Does that interest you?  I've been chipping away at it since 2007 and I have reached the stage where I can't do any more with the book or the letter by myself.   
   I've researched literary consultants and decided to trust my baby with Bubblecow after I saw they had a decent write up in Writers' Forum (or was it Writers' News, I can't remember, it doesn't matter.)  I'm bracing myself for the feedback and the revelation that the novel I've worked on for so long is unsaleable rubbish.
http://bubblecow.co.uk/
http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/pages/BubbleCow/202063449025

2 comments:

  1. I'm not a professional, by I think that at least the premise of your novel is good and I think it could turn out to be something quite interesting. I guess it's up to you if this description that sounds good will make it as a entire book(hopefully a good one). I think you should hold on to your idea and your dream, no matter what.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your comments. I have actually finished the first book and I sent it off to Bubblecow for polishing. I'm biting my nails waiting for the feedback.

    ReplyDelete