Unwanted Visitor

Unwanted Visitor
Available on Kindle

Tuesday 27 September 2011

It's been a while since I posted again, but I have a good excuse, honestly.  I have had a really busy summer, I finished that awful course with the OU and I am back in my comfort zone as I embark on my final module for my BA hons.    
     Number 2 son's wedding went well, the venue was lovely and the food was delicious.  I recommend a hog roast, it's good for entertaining the children.  They all gathered to watch the pig being turned on a spit, which was an improvement on them racing around like crazy.  There was a funny moment during the ceremony when the 2 year old spotted them setting the roast up and began making pig noises, then the 8 month old joined in by blowing raspberries.  Everyone began to laugh, even the bride and groom giggled as they exchanged vows.
     I received notification that one of my stories had been short listed for the Winchester short story competition.  I had forgotten I had entered but it goes to show that if you enter lots of competitions, eventually you will see results.  I think my writing has improved since I began entering competitions and I am beginning to enjoy some success.  Perhaps I will actually win next time.
     I promise to try to post a little more often.

No comments:

Post a Comment