Unwanted Visitor

Unwanted Visitor
Available on Kindle

Sunday 5 December 2010

I have two apparently insurmountable problems. I want to find a home for my novel, Unwanted Visitor, and I want to lose weight so I've decided that I've got to get serious and approach them in a businesslike manner.  What better time than New Year to embark on new projects.
     I don't want to tell anyone what I weigh, it's too embarrassing, but I will record my weight loss, if any. (What am I saying!  Of course I will lose some weight)  I will enjoy Christmas and New Year, then grab myself by the scruff of my neck and give myself a good shaking until I eat better.
     It is also my intention to continue to write (naturally) and see my novel accepted.  I will also share any other writing success I have.  With this in mind, I have been frantically editing and reworking the manuscript and fretting over details such as, 'Is it all right to have two protagonists?' because I have Jane and Martin, and, 'Why is Phil, my antagonist so nasty?'  Reading it for about the tenth time made me see I had to have a reason for things that happen and I think the novel is now better for the work I did. 
     Anyway, we will see.  I've reached the stage where I don't want to think about the novel until new year, then I'll send it out.  I'd better start researching suitable places.
    

No comments:

Post a Comment